At Rolf Spectacles, they have developed a new method of manufacturing eyewear frames, which enables them to produce curved frames made entirely out of wood.
Due to the smooth transition between front and temples that their new method now makes possible, the natural grain and varied hues of different types of wood can now appear to their greatest advantage. In addition, Rolf‘s research and development team has managed to create horn temple ends and a new and innovative hinge for Rolf’s line of wooden spectacles.
The new joint’s high quality and functionality allow for easy and safe handling. Moreover it unites all the mechanical properties of a high-quality spectacle hinge: during opening and closing, an integrated mechanism prevents the temple from closing on its own and holds it in the right position. The hinge is screwless,maintenance free and is made of consolidated wood which is used for its hardness, stability and low weight.
Rolf frames utilize the optimized lens-system which has several advantages. A special stitch, which goes through drilled holes, fixes the lens smoothly without warming and cutting. Rolf’s aesthetic standards do not allow for any defect in material or design and their manufacturing process ensures these standards are met. In addition, the closed frame design provides more stability.
- 01/22/2013 • BELLINGER RELEASES NEW BOUNCE MODELS FOR WINTER
- 12/12/2011 • SERAPHIN EYEWEAR + MENS NEOCLASSIC COLLECTION
- 11/02/2011 • BAUMVISION NAMED US DISTRIBUTOR FOR KILSGAARD
- 10/24/2011 • KIRK FLAGSHIP STORE WINS DESIGN AWARD
- 10/22/2011 • BARTON PERREIRA X GIOVANNI RIBISI
- 10/21/2011 • ETNIA BARCELONA PRESENTS 11 NEW MODELS AT SILMO
- 10/21/2011 • THE MYKITA MYLON COLLECTION
- 10/21/2011 • LEISURE SOCIETY DEBUTS FIVES NEW STYLES AT SILMO