After successfull Vingt, Trente, Quarante, Cinquante and Soixante models, theo eyewear is again launching retro-inspired frames. That’s right, theo doesn’t copy models from back in the days but they do serve as inspiration. theo is taking the prevailing ‘nerd trend’ very literally and is creating its very own version. They are too headstrong to follow trends at theo. This means that they can poke a little fun at them, in their own theo way. What are nerds keen on? Mathematics. What is the peak of nerdiness? No idea, but wearing glasses that carry mathematical symbols comes pleasantly close to it! theo is launching 4 titanium and 5 plastic pairs, in lots of sparkling colors!
The bicoloured models can be recognised by the mathematical symbol on the front and on the sidepieces, via the rivets. These colourful symbols contrast sharply with the frame. The symbol for ‘divided by’ but also less obvious signs such as ‘intersection’, ‘absolute value’ and ‘square root’ are on display. Genuine maths wonders will explain what the symbol means and what it is used for with a great deal of pleasure.
Acetate or titanium
The Septante models are made of acetate. The Huitante models are made of titanium. The decorative rivets are milled out and filled with epoxy resin. means that the decorative rivets acquire a glazed appearance which contrasts with the titanium frame.
VinGtage for now
The theo VinGtage collection is not just an average retro line. As usual, we do not do this at theo. To be surprising and amazing are our challenge. The theo VinGtage collection combines the past with the present. Models from a bygone era are used as a source of inspiration but are not copied under any circumstances. theo wants to innovate, to adopt an original approach, and an amusing note can never be missing.
- 08/29/2011 • BINOCHE + BELGIAN EYEWEAR
- 06/29/2011 • THEO EYEWEAR GOES GANGSTER WITH NEW COLLECTION
- 06/23/2011 • THEO CREATES EYEWEAR FOR FASHION ACADEMY STUDENT
- 05/11/2011 • MATHEO BY THEO FOR GENUINE MATH TALENTS
- 04/20/2011 • THEO BY TIM VAN STEENBERGEN INTRODUCES TREES COLLECTION
- 01/19/2011 • LIMITED EDITION WHITE TIE BY THEO + TIM VAN STEENBERGEN
- 10/21/2010 • Theo by James
- 09/21/2010 • Show Your Skills And Hula Hoop For A Good Cause With Theo
- 01/22/2013 • BELLINGER RELEASES NEW BOUNCE MODELS FOR WINTER
- 12/12/2011 • SERAPHIN EYEWEAR + MENS NEOCLASSIC COLLECTION
- 11/02/2011 • BAUMVISION NAMED US DISTRIBUTOR FOR KILSGAARD
- 10/24/2011 • KIRK FLAGSHIP STORE WINS DESIGN AWARD
- 10/22/2011 • BARTON PERREIRA X GIOVANNI RIBISI
- 10/21/2011 • ETNIA BARCELONA PRESENTS 11 NEW MODELS AT SILMO
- 10/21/2011 • THE MYKITA MYLON COLLECTION
- 10/21/2011 • LEISURE SOCIETY DEBUTS FIVES NEW STYLES AT SILMO