STRADA DEL SOLE unites Swiss innovation with joie de vivre. With one click, the lightweight glasses are ultra-flat and fit easily into a trouser pocket. You can sit on them, they are flat and flexible.
After having received for the second time the international Red Dot Design Award for possibly the worlds flattest curved sunglasses, earlier this year, the young Swiss company STRADA DEL SOLE proudly presents their first prescription line, 12 styles in two colours each, for Silmo 2011.
The industrial designer Sandra Kaufmann has developed glasses made of spring steel weighing a mere 20g which can be folded ultra-flat. The innovative design incorporates custom-built temples which are as flexible as a hair grip. With one click, the temples fit within the curve of the lenses enabling them to be slipped into the back pocket of jeans, refusing to break even when sat upon.
In line with the Swiss design, the manufacture of STRADA DEL SOLE click glasses takes place in Switzerland. In order to protect the trade secret of the stowable and patented temples, they are elaborately hand finished by the young entrepreneurs. The Red Dot Design Award is the seventh prize which the sunglasses of STRADA DEL SOLE have won for their unique design and functionality. In Tokyo they were nominated Eyewear of the year and with the Designpreis Schweiz they were presented around the world, from Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo, Berlin, Washington, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Vancouver.
The unique combination of outstanding design and functionality captivates people on the go everywhere in the world. Even the former Swiss President Mrs Doris Leuthard and the Queen of Norway wears STRADA DEL SOLE.
For more information about the collection please visit online at www.stradadelsole.ch.
- 01/22/2013 • BELLINGER RELEASES NEW BOUNCE MODELS FOR WINTER
- 12/12/2011 • SERAPHIN EYEWEAR + MENS NEOCLASSIC COLLECTION
- 11/02/2011 • BAUMVISION NAMED US DISTRIBUTOR FOR KILSGAARD
- 10/24/2011 • KIRK FLAGSHIP STORE WINS DESIGN AWARD
- 10/22/2011 • BARTON PERREIRA X GIOVANNI RIBISI
- 10/21/2011 • ETNIA BARCELONA PRESENTS 11 NEW MODELS AT SILMO
- 10/21/2011 • THE MYKITA MYLON COLLECTION
- 10/21/2011 • LEISURE SOCIETY DEBUTS FIVES NEW STYLES AT SILMO