The following collection from Pro Design is a true testament of how inspiration can come from almost anywhere. A bracelet in a shop in New York was the starting point for these striking Iris frames. The designer saw a bracelet made from a single flat sheet of gold, that was bent the shape of a bracelet.
It was an extremely delicate and time-consuming process to find the exact pattern of cut-outs that would both create a beautiful pattern on the outside of the frame temple, and also work, when the metal was bent and you could see the inside through the cut-outs.
To enhance the raw 3D effect, the designer chose a fine balance of contrasting colors to make the frames exclusive yet exciting. The Iris Collection is specifically made for women and is available in two shapes and six colors each. Check out the following video which illustrates how the designer was inspired to make the series 5133-34.
For more information about the collection please visit us online at prodesigndenmark.com.
- 01/22/2013 • BELLINGER RELEASES NEW BOUNCE MODELS FOR WINTER
- 12/12/2011 • SERAPHIN EYEWEAR + MENS NEOCLASSIC COLLECTION
- 11/02/2011 • BAUMVISION NAMED US DISTRIBUTOR FOR KILSGAARD
- 10/24/2011 • KIRK FLAGSHIP STORE WINS DESIGN AWARD
- 10/22/2011 • BARTON PERREIRA X GIOVANNI RIBISI
- 10/21/2011 • ETNIA BARCELONA PRESENTS 11 NEW MODELS AT SILMO
- 10/21/2011 • THE MYKITA MYLON COLLECTION
- 10/21/2011 • LEISURE SOCIETY DEBUTS FIVES NEW STYLES AT SILMO